New Apple TV

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground New Apple TV

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

[quote=”Tikker”]
    man, I see this little box as huge potential as a quick and easy bedroom or under cupboard kitchen tv install

depending on how easy it is to feed all my current content to it, it could be a godsend

i can’t build a htpc that small, for that cheap

[/quote]

You also can’t build a HTPC that useless…

[quote=”autoboy”]
    [quote=”Tikker”]
    man, I see this little box as huge potential as a quick and easy bedroom or under cupboard kitchen tv install

depending on how easy it is to feed all my current content to it, it could be a godsend

i can’t build a htpc that small, for that cheap

[/quote]

You also can’t build a HTPC that useless…
    [/quote]

LOL….especially with the new sage hd300 for only $50 more i can’t imagine anyone who is in this hobby would even consider an apple tv

mikinho
    Participant

[quote=”ruwackd”]
      LOL….especially with the new sage hd300 for only $50 more i can’t imagine anyone who is in this hobby would even consider an apple tv
      [/quote]

The HD300 is extremely impressive but it doesn’t have Netflix or much online content as a stand-alone device.

For instance, my twin sister.  She is a very smart person but not what I would consider computer savvy. She has an iPhone and MacBook.  She is a Netflix subscriber.  She enjoys social media.  The Apple TV would be an easy choice at $99.

[quote=”ruwackd”]

[/quote]

but I think sage sucks donkey balls, so i’m not sure why I’d spend more ?!?

if i can point a box at my fileserver, and it’ll play everything there (whether by live transcoding, native upnp goodness, or whatever)  I don’t see why I wouldn’t

people get so hung up on loving a brand, or hating a brand, that they just seem to forget about right tool for the right job

[quote=”Tikker”]
      but I think sage sucks donkey balls, so i’m not sure why I’d spend more ?!?
      [/quote]
      [quote=”Tikker”]
      people get so hung up on loving a brand, or hating a brand, that they just seem to forget about right tool for the right job
      [/quote]
      I guess its always nice to prove your own point 🙂

I never said that there isn’t a market for the apple tv, as i specified before I’d be shocked if many in this hobby would purchase it especially since most want 1080p resolution and the ability to bitstream hd audio.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.