Need input on comparing HDHomerun Prime and Ceton InfinityTV4 USB

Home Forums Home Theater Computers CableCARD Need input on comparing HDHomerun Prime and Ceton InfinityTV4 USB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a full-sized ATX HTPC with the Ceton PCIe card.  Works pretty good.  Would like to downsize the computer to something like the Acer Revo that would require have the cablecard outboard via USB/ethernet. 

Can someone here offer some feedback comparing the HDHR Prime and the USB version of Ceton?  Pro’s Con’s?

I was hoping for the Ceton Q, but that was ditched.  Anything else out there?

jobenso

I have the Ceton PCIe card and have switched to the HDHomeRun (99$ a while back). It works, something I couldn’t say about the Ceton products. I have the Echo, it’s buggy, but so was the card version of the Ceton. I always had issues with the PCIe card, I couldn’t see the USB version being any better.

With DLNA being added to the HDHomeRun, more tuners and transcoding in the new flavors… I have to say go with SiliconDust.

Your gonna be stuck with windows media center with the Ceton, the HDHomeRun already works with my IPAD and now with DLNA working my XBMC installs too.

babgvant

I prefer the flexibility of an Ethernet tuner over other factors. I like that I can put it anywhere (currently using a HDHR + HDHRP in a structured wiring cabinet).

SJMaye

Thanks for the feedback.  I like both companies, but see your points. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.