Need Help with Audio

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Need Help with Audio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Got my new TV today and I was certainly hoping things were going to be easier now that I could use HDMI for video, but so far it’s not.  I have a 2600xt that I ran DVI to HDMI to the Mitsubishi WD-65738.  After getting everything on, I am not getting any audio from the digital output of the HTPC to the receiver.  I’ve double checked all the connections and inputs, but can’t figure it out.  Everything is set correctly in control panel, but still no sound.  Any ideas?

swoon

I’m going to grasp for straws on this one, but maybe it could be the card or DVI to HDMI dongle is not capable of handling HDMI audio. You also might want to try the Realtek HDMI driver as well if you aren’t using it already.

skirge01

I found this forum post over at AMD.  It would seem that DVI doesn’t carry audio.  I have read that some vendors use some sort of “special” DVI-HDMI dongle which has extra pins (?!) to carry audio from your sound card, though.

mikinho

That post in the AMD forums is wrong.

What format audio are you trying to use?  The HD2600 only supports 2-channel LPCM and multi-channel AC3 5.1.  It does not support LPCM 5.1.

Are you using the AMD DVI2HDMI adapter?  You need to use theirs or a compatible DVI2HDMI that carries audio, most do not.  Monoprice sells one.  If you are using AMD’s, only one of the dual DVI slots will carry audio.  Take a look on the back of the card to see which you are using and try the other.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.