Need Advice on Wireless WMC build out

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Need Advice on Wireless WMC build out

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ok, I have been doing research on my spare time and it has gotten to the point where I think it is time to take my first dip into the waters.

I recently bought a Centon CableCard reader to start off and should arrive in a few days.

I plan to buy 1 main server running either windows 8 beta or if that is not stable enough buy the Windows 2008 Multipoint Server that will run WMC and handle virtualization.

Then I plan to use low powered ARM based thin-clients (either Cortex A8 1ghz minimum or Cortex A9) that will use Remote FX.

The weakest link in this configuration is obviously the WAN portion, in which I plan to wait out on the Asus N66U ROG as I hear it can handle a lot of simultaneous connection(along other things) and with 900mbps (3 stream 450mbps on 2.4ghz and 3 stream 450mpbs on 5ghz).

The problem is the thin-clients themselves need to have a good enough antenna to take advantage of this. So not sure if its better to find tin-clients with wireless n included or buy separate usb adapter, not to mention will there be a driver issue since obviously these are ARM based clients)

My budget I am hoping for is 1k-1.5k on the server and 50-150 per each thin client.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as changing/improving upon what I said? or suggestions on what is a good thing to get?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.