My future upgrade path, as it affects me now.

Home Forums Home Theater Computers My future upgrade path, as it affects me now.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m starting to think of expanding my home theater. I’ve recently moved into a house as a rental, and want to get an HDTV for the bedroom and at some point will consider moving the home theater into the basement and having a less wires/computers/mess (as the wife puts it) in the living room.

I have been using Sage for years, and love it. I’ve got an HDPVR working pretty well so I have access to all the encrypted channels. It would seem like an easy decision to simply buy one or two Sage HD theater extenders to go in the bedroom and living room to connect to my sage server, but…

I’ve been reading and hearing the rumors with cable card PCs. I don’t expect Sage to get cable card tuning capabilities soon (or ever), but I find myself wondering if I windows media center w/ cable card will be the better HTPC-DVR option a year from now.  The answer isn’t clear to me, but I’d like to figure this out before I start dropping money on sage extenders at $180-200 a piece.

I also saw bobgvant’s little idea, which if nothing else tells me he has decided to stick it out with Sage. I’m sure others here are in a similar situation, what are your thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.