Music Software

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Music Software

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Music is a big part of my htpc setup.  I have a dedicated harddrive on the server with about 450 gig of mp3’s accessible from each of my client htpc’s spread around the house.  For years I have been locked onto winamp as my default player.  I have toyed around with meedio but have never spent the time to implement it into my front end (beyond media for now).  For ripping my cd’s to my harddrives I use audiograbber with lame.  Winamp sucks for burning discs.  To burn cd’s i have been using NERO but lately i have been getting boatloads of coasters most likely due to some conflicting dvd ripping software on my system (I am still troubleshooting this problem).  I found that windows media player, although a bit akward, burns cds just fine, it also rips them good too.  Not only that but my nephew shows up with a sansa mp3 player and a few of his cds and wants me to load them for him so I just learned all about “sync” using Windows Media Player, it worked like a charm.

Ok, so why am I rambling about all of this????  Because I am coming to the realization that Windows Media Player alone can replace NERO, audiograbber and winamp.  This is hard for me to accept because I am not a MS fan, can’t stand MCE and never thought the day would come when I would abandon NERO, audiograbber and winamp, especially for WMP.  Yet Windows Media Player has really impressed me lately, it is a very functional program.  Sorry for the rant but it was nice sorting this all out here.  any thoughts or free beers would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.