Music executives judge Jobs, lament losses

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Music executives judge Jobs, lament losses

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

[soapbox]
    I don’t like iTunes.  I don’t like DRM.  I hate the RIAA.  However, I don’t see why Apple should open up their DRM to everyone.  It’s not like they’re forcing people to purchase.  Just because they’re the only ones who managed to get a working solution out there and have the biggest market, doesn’t mean they should pander to everyone.

By that logic, shouldn’t Microsoft open up Windows to everyone, so it could be ported over to the MAC or Linux?  It’s the same kind of monopoly.

As long as there’s an option available to me sans DRM, I will never purchase something with DRM.  And if DRM is the only option, either I don’t need it or I’ll find a way around the DRM.  Simple as that.  You will NEVER find me buying DRM music on iTunes.  I wish more people would think like that.  Then we wouldn’t have DRM.

The music industry can keep their extor… err… lawsuit tactics and continue blaming everyone else for their money issues.  Maybe someday they’ll realize their problem is WITHIN their own glass towers and that there’s a world outside that likes freedom.
    [/soapbox]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.