Multiple Sources with Win 7 MCE

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Multiple Sources with Win 7 MCE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

Currently I have a system set up with 2 NTSC tuners and 2 QAM (HDHomerun).  My area is adding HBO & Showtime to my condo along with 1 set top box for no additional fee(it’s all part of my HOA dues).  It’s been ages since I’ve used a set top box and was wondering if Windows 7 will allow me to do 1 NTSC tuner directly from the cable line, 1 NTSC tuner off the set top box w/IR control, and my 2 QAM tuners.  Or do both the analog cards need to be the same type source?

Aaron Ledger

Will you be using something like Hauppauge Colossus or AVerMedia AVerTV USB HD DVR? Those both report themselves as “Digital Cable” devices within WMC.

You have a choice with SD tuners to choose STB or Cable setup. You can have both if you like.

oliverredfox

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds like it’ll do what I want.  They’re both ATI 550 Pro tuners.  I figured I’ll keep one hooked right the cable line (as it currently is) and hook the other via s-video to the STB (and dig out my IR blaster connectors).

[quote=Aaron Ledger]

You have a choice with SD tuners to choose STB or Cable setup. You can have both if you like.

[/quote]

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. =)  It’ll be nice to take advantage of the free STB for the few extra channels (well, not really free since I have to pay HOA dues for it…) without having to pay for a 2nd STB.

oliverredfox

Worked perfectly.  =)  Took a lot longer to set up but the end results are nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.