moving from comcast to FIOS today

Home Forums Home Theater Computers CableCARD moving from comcast to FIOS today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve been running WMC on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit with a Ceton PCIe card(w/Comcast) with two xbox extenders for about a year. It’s about 95% reliable.

I’m getting FIOS service today. I think I will just need to re-run the TV setup wizard after I insert the new FIOS cable card and I should be back in business. Anybody make a cable card change like this before? Should it be this simple? Any lessons learned?

Thanks

captain_video

That about sums it up.  Just re-run the TV setup and pick the FIOS channel lineup for your provider and it will repopulate the guide with the updated channel listings.  Don’t forget to ask the installer for the low pass filter if you have the ActionTek router installed.

Night Rider

I have a Ceton with a FIOS cable card and yes that should work just fine.
        I assume you have the in home self install from FIOS for the cable card.
        Just authorize the FIOS cable card as instructed and you should be running in a matter of minuets. 

cbredeck

Thanks for the replies.

The switch is done, swapped a comcast cable card for FIOS cable card. Re-ran the set-up and installed the FIOS guide. Everything is working great, amazingly painless.

XMan

Not to hijack your thread but is there a reliable map anywhere that shows planned FIOS rollouts? I’d love to switch but Comcast is the only provider in my area at the moment.

phoneguyinpgh

I hate to dash your hopes, but VZ has halted all future FIOS deployment.  If your local municipality has already given VZ a franchise then you will eventually get it.  But if they are not negotiatiing any new franchises.

XMan

[quote=phoneguyinpgh]

I hate to dash your hopes, but VZ has halted all future FIOS deployment.  If your local municipality has already given VZ a franchise then you will eventually get it.  But if they are not negotiatiing any new franchises.

[/quote]

Agh. That sucks.

phoneguyinpgh
                  einstein

Cable companies don’t like to give out thier planned expansions. I’ve heard a story about AT&T u-verse revealing plans to expand into a neighborhood, and shortly before they started signing people up Charter went out and tried to get everyone in the neighborhood to renew thier contracts. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.