mini-pc for hulu/netflix/blu-ray playback

Home Forums Home Theater Computers mini-pc for hulu/netflix/blu-ray playback

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So I’ve got a temp job (1-2 years) working away from home.  I have been loading up my laptop with videos off of my HTPC when I’m home, and have been using it for netflix and such, but it’s kinda inconvenient, so I’ve been thinking of building a mini-pc for such duties.

Either a mini-itx or uATX machine, probably a i3-530 and use the built in graphics.  2x2GB DDR3 Ram, a 500GB to 1TB hard drive (though the antec 300-150 case (I think) only takes notebook drives..)), and probably a blu-ray drive, but may cheap out and just throw in a dvd drive for now.  Case doesn’t have to be a home theater pc case – I’m more concerned about energy usage.  I’ve got a copy of Win7 Pro to put on it, and would like to be able to control it via a remote.  I’ve got a SageTV Placeshifter license so I might use that too, if my bandwidth is enough (never tried it).  I’ll probably be using the hdmi input on the TV and it’s speakers for now.

Any suggestions?  advantages to going mini-itx or uATX?  any recommended remote/ir receiver?

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.