Lenovo N5901 Multimedia Remote with Keyboard for $25

Home Forums Hot Deals Lenovo N5901 Multimedia Remote with Keyboard for $25

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

Saw that Lenovo Multimedia remote N5901 was available for $25 when ordered with coupon code “USPC11JN36336”.  Anyone here used one of these before?

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/integration.workflow:ProductDisplayItem?IsBundle=false&GroupID=38&Code=57Y6336

mikinho

There have been a few threads on Missing Remote w/ the N5901.  If I remember correctly most liked it but said they stopped using it after a short while.

babgvant

I have one and for $25 it’s not a bad option.  I’ve been meaning to do a real review, but just haven’t found the time so here’s a mini one in bullets:

• Range isn’t great (5′ = OK, > 10′ = not so much), especially if the dongle is attached to the rear of the HTPC.
          • That said, the dongle is small enough to not look terrible hanging off the front.
          • Love the on/off switch
          • Pretty easy for the kids to use, so it is attached to the HTPC in the family room.
          • Lack of phone style “sticky” shift/control/alt keys makes true one-handed use impossible
          • No “F#” keys is a huge minus in some situations (e.g. getting into BIOS, or using Visual Studio)
          • Battery life is good
          • Typing anything longer than a few sentences sucks (probably could have guessed this point :))
          • Keys have decent feel/feedback
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.