July 27th Blu-ray Releases

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground July 27th Blu-ray Releases

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

Original Article Link

Wow a lot of Blu-ray movies released this week.

For Clash of the Titans I think the 3D quality was horrible and it took away from the movie, but the movie itself was entertaining.  It didn’t have the same awe as the original but still a good remake in my opinion.

Speaking of nostalgic movies…G.I. Joe: The Movie–awesome!  Loved it as a kid and still do.  I wonder if they released the original ending with the Blu-ray (hint, someone dies…but they changed it due to the the poor reaction when Optimus Prime died in Transformers: The Movie)

Batman: Under the Red Hood is also arguably the best DC comics animated release, worth adding to your Netflix queue if you like animated and\or comic based movies.

Mike Garcen
      Participant

oooh, i kinda scoffed off the Batman animated, will check it out. I was a bit disheartened after watching Watchmen Black Freighter animation which was boooooring IMO.

And i did finally see Clash, very entertaining.

I have to agree that GI Joe: The Movie is a huge, notstalgic part of my childhood.  I wasn’t into it as much as Transformers, but man did this movie leave a mark on my childhood… in a good way.  Talk about a show that instilled pride and responsibility.  But, man…  Serpentor was one awesome looking dude!

Anyone watching SG-U?  I’m currently making my way through Atlantis, and boy, is it addictive!

[quote]Posted by: Blue
        Anyone watching SG-U?  I’m currently making my way through Atlantis, and boy, is it addictive![/quote]

SG-U is OK.  In general if you like SG [anything] you’ll probably like SG-U.  It is a completely different setting and a completely different set of characters.  Granted, I don’t like SG-U as much as SG-1 or SG-Atlantis I have continued to follow the show.

I just got through SG:U a month or two ago.  I read reviews/comments which said that it started out slow and that you needed to give it a chance.  I definitely agree and I’m very glad that I gave it a chance.  The later episodes were very well done.  It is certainly a completely different animal from SG-1 and SG:A, but you just need to accept the show for what it is and enjoy the ride.

BTW, speaking about addictive…  I got through the entire SG:A series in about 2 months.  I simply couldn’t wait to watch the next episode.

[quote=”Skirge01″]
        I simply couldn’t wait to watch the next episode.
        [/quote]No kidding!!  🙂

Mike Garcen
        Participant

ok, had to comment back. Saw Batman Under The Red Hood last night…and you guys were right. It was pretty darned good!! thx for the reco

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.