Jerkiness in HD video

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Jerkiness in HD video

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m having a difficult time with my OTA HD for various reasons.  It was doing OK, until DirecTV came out and upgraded my dish to the new 5 LNB so that I can get the new upcoming HD channels on DirecTV.  Then I had to switch my Sony HD receiver with my son’s DirecTV HD receiver.  Now instead of hitting a button to bring up my signal strength button on-screen (while actually watching the show that’s on at the same time), I have to go in to the menu on the DirecTV receiver and jump through a bunch of hoops to get to the antenna strength meter.  But I digress a little.  Because I’m so un-pleased with the DirecTV OTA HD, I decided to see how my Hauppage HVR-1600 would do.  I’ve used it for recording, but not usually for just watching.  The problem is there is constant jerkiness in the picture.  It’s not extreme, but it’s just enough to be noticeable and very annoying.  Has anyone else experienced this issue with this or any or other card?  It’s done fine before, but I tried all the HD channels that I can pick up on the HVR-1600 and all are doing this now.  My system is an e6600 cpu, 1 gb RAM, and Geforce 6600GT agp video card.  I had this problem a while back on one of the channels and I asked SageTV, and they said it might be reception problems.  It could be, but Sage is actually showing a stronger signal on most of the channels than my DirecTV receiver is showing…but my DirecTV receiver shows the picture fine until the signal dips and causes the picture to break up.  Do you think it’s the Hauppage card, something in my system specs, or the reception itsself?  I just don’t know if I can buy that it’s the reception, because the picture never breaks up, it just constantly remains “jittery”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.