I’m all ready with my 360&Vista! ‘Not so fast my friend….’

Home Forums Home Theater Computers I’m all ready with my 360&Vista! ‘Not so fast my friend….’

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So I finally crack and get a 360 today….I move my new Vista server into the basement, get the two all synched up, move all my music and recordings, all ready right? Wrong.

The 360 works fine for all things Xbox, connects to the server ok, and everything works in Media Center….EXCEPT all things TV!!!!!!!! Not my OTA, not my two DirecTV tuners via S-video/composite audio. Oh sure it works on the server just great, but on the 360 all I get is audio no video.

Enter this MS document:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932383/en-us
    Granted I didn’t think it applied initially, but it’s all I can find. Again, everything works great on the server, just no TV video of any kind through the 360.

P.S. The 360 is a lot louder than a V1 extender.  🙁 (Duh) I think I need to extend the component cables and move the sucker into the closet. I was even told by the sales guy that this is one of the new quieter ones.. (new DVD drive and fans)….Hmpf.

So the 360 stays, but in went the old MCE2005 server until I can find a fix.

P.P.S the 360 works fine with the MCE2005 server.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.