I Want This Phone

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground I Want This Phone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LowTech
    Participant

It’s a concept and a heck of one at that. 

Maybe someday……

Mike Garcen
      Participant

lol, think they forgot any features? i didn’t see it able to bake bread as well!!!

LowTech
        Participant

Now that your mention it they really didn’t say if you could make a call with this phone either  😛

Really awesome concept but I’d take if they could make Fennec for Android at some point….

Andrew Van Til
          Keymaster

Where do I pre-order?

[quote=”babgvant”]
            Where do I pre-order?
            [/quote]

There’s a kiosk at Fantasyland in Florida.  😉

good gravy that looks awesome

I really like the pico projector and projected keyboard.  I would love to see that in a real phone.

that keyboard is possible now from a much larger device….Let me see if I can find it.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/the-keyboard-of-the-future,review-977-2.html

I think we are a couple years away from the battery tech to pull that off. Although I guess if you are using the projectors that you would have the unit docked in a charging station.
            I want to see a touch screen PC with that projector keyboard built in.

I am still lovin my EVO. I find a useful app for it at least once a week. It won’t bake the bread but it has several recipe apps that will show me how.

[quote=”robinhoody”]
            that keyboard is possible now from a much larger device….Let me see if I can find it.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/the-keyboard-of-the-future,review-977-2.html
            [/quote]

Note this in the review, which I recall reading when it was first published:

[quote]I found I could type faster and with far fewer errors using my thumb board due in part to its physical presentation/hard feedback.[/quote]

Perhaps the technology has improved since that device was released, but I have a feeling that the lack of feedback is going to continue to be a detriment to any VKB.

I’m guessing that with devices like the Kinect that it is only a matter of time before that same tech can be shrunk to fit into a phone or monitor.

jennyfur
            Participant

Guess it’s just me, but I don’t see anything at all appealing about this device beyond its great aesthetics. Mini-usb? It’d be using micro. 8mp camera? Those have been on phones for over a year now. Projector? There’s phones shipping with that already too. Built in bluetooth headset? Also done years ago. The only really innovative part is the whole virtual keyboard thing and the IR dongle, both of which I’d find rather useless for a phone. Why on earth would you want to wave something around in 3D space to control navigation on a phone? It’d be far more convenient to just use a touchscreen. I could only see this making any sense in projector mode. And the virtual keyboard would really only be useful in that same situation. If I was a business person with these kinds of needs I’d much rather just have a netbook or something.

LowTech
              Participant

This may already exist but I always thought that a cellular phone that had multi-line capabilities like an office desk phone is just what today’s executive on the go could really need.  Even if it was just a two line model with a personal line and an office line that would be great for those in need rather than call forwarding or similar schemes.

[quote=”LowTech”]
                This may already exist but I always thought that a cellular phone that had multi-line capabilities like an office desk phone is just what today’s executive on the go could really need.  Even if it was just a two line model with a personal line and an office line that would be great for those in need rather than call forwarding or similar schemes.
                [/quote]

Google voice will give you multi line capabilities. You sign up for it and get your second number and have it pointed to your cell phone number. Then you have two separate number that will both be directed to your cell. Then on the phone you run the Google voice toggle widget before making a call depending on if you want the receiving end to see your cell number or Google voice number on their caller id.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.