HTPC User Guide I’d like to See (by one of the Guru’s)

Home Forums Home Theater Computers HTPC User Guide I’d like to See (by one of the Guru’s)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve been building Computers and HTPCs for years and years (WHS too)

and I do alright. But I’m not a “Guru”

I’d like to see a guide (by some of the Gurus) that describes all the setup options, add-ins, tweaks for a basic, stable HTPC OS/hardware setup.

Not the personal choices of add-ins (IE: SA, MyMovies, TVLibrary, TMT5, etc)

But the OS system and hardware (IE: network throttling, ms black level tweak, right side pixel HF, NIC/network settings, Graphic driver settings, registry tweaks, power settings, you name it!)

I know we all have different setups and wishes, but on a harware/OS level we must be about 90% algined in wants and needs. (IE: bluray streaming, netflix streaming, music, TV recording, stable machine, whatever)

There are so many hacks, tweaks, hotfixes, registry tweaks, etc, it’s hard to tell what is helping or hurting the setup.

In a perfect world for my needs, the guide would be intel based and also include the same for WHS 2011, but I know it would have to be more generalized.

So what we really need and what we really don’t for our hardware and OS setups.

As an example, after all this time, last week when asking for help, Mikinho told me to NOT install the advanced settings when installing the intel nic drivers for my streaming problems… Never had heard that one before anywhere. And not knowing, I alway installed advanced settings thinking (I don’t know why) that adavnced would be better.

Any takers? (or just to many different setup combinations to make it viable)

Thanks,

Jeff

mikinho

When I get caught up one a few reviews I have pending I’d like to setup a guide.

Glitchy

[quote=mikinho]

When I get caught up one a few reviews I have pending I’d like to setup a guide.

[/quote]

Sounds great! Appreciate it and hopefully lots of others will too!

Jeff

brennok

I would also like to see one since I just bought the Ceton InfiniTV 4 due to the Newegg Business sale and I don’t have a HTPC to put it in :).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.