How many more headaches with Vista can there be?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers How many more headaches with Vista can there be?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Garcen
    Participant

so after CES, and mainly Ian speaking so highly of things to come for Vista, I thought I’d at least use it for a bit more. I had it installed on another hard drive, dual boot, so figured it would be simple, and then i could play with it some more.

What I couldn’t anticipate, was my Media Center being completely corrupt & basically non-functional, so I ended up reinstalling Vista Ultimate x64 all nite & didn’t get to bed til after 1am!!!

So that’s not the worst part, I don’t know if it was the hard drive i installed it on,or something about Vista, but there was CONSTANT hard drive activity. Anyone else experience this?

The other huge gripe, is that DVRMS Toolbox (mainly, Commercial Skip) does NOT work with Vista. It’s so funny as 6 months ago i didn’t even know what that was, and now i can’t live without it.

The other items I needed did work: VNC was able to connect to just the primary display so I could view tv ont he other, but the frustrating part (again, different from XP), is that if MCE is on the 2nd Display, and I go to Maximize, it maxes in the Primary display?!?!?#!?#!? argh!!!

Oh, Webguide4 doesn’t like to play there as well.

So yeah, long story short, I’m back to MCE2005. It just effin works. Maybe in another month I’ll give Vista another try, but until then, i’m perfectly happy with my system & all my apps WORKING.  :-\

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.