High CPU Usage

Home Forums Home Theater Computers High CPU Usage

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m still fiddling around with my HTPC and finding different things going on.  I’ve been checking out the CPU usage and I am finding some high numbers.  When I turn the computer on, SageTV loads.  With nothing playing, my CPU is at 50%.  I don’t really have anything going on in the system tray, no anti-virus, no spyware software, nothing like that.  I tried playback of Live TV from an HD channel and am getting around 75% usage.  This is with a Core 2 Duo E6600 cpu, 1 gb ram, Radeon HD 2600xt video card.  I went in my computer room and started up SageTV Client and tuned in to an HD channel on the PC.  With only SageTV Client running and not playing anything, usage was only around 5%.  Once I started the playback of the HD channel it went up to 35% ~ 45%.  This system has a Socket A Sempron 2800, 1 gb RAM, and Geforce 6600gt agp card (the one I used to have in the HTPC).  Something is going on, but I don’t know what.  Is it the video card (the 2600xt)?  Unfortunately, I didn’t really check the cpu usage when I had the 6600gt in the HTPC so I can’t compare the 2. 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.