HD Stutter Problem Fixed

Home Forums Home Theater Computers HD Stutter Problem Fixed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

You’ve got to be kidding me!  I finally figured out what my problem was with playback of HD content.  I’ve asked for and gotten lots of different opinions…my Geforce 6600GT wasn’t good enough for HD playback at 1080i; it was a reception or signal strength problem; maybe it has something to do with multipath reception; somebody said they had problems with stuttering in SageTV so they went to Media Center; etc.  Turns out it was none of those things.  I finally had the bright idea to play back a recording in PowerDVD instead of SageTV, and the picture was flawless.  So I went in to SageTV’s setup and changed my default video decoder for MPEG2 to Cyberlink PowerDVD decoder.  Then I tried playing my HD recording again in Sage, and guess what…the playback was smooth with no jerkiness.  I can’t believe that was it (for the record I was using SageTV’s mpeg2 decoder).  And to think I was at the point to get ready to tear my system apart.  I was just about to the point of buying a new tuner card to try and changing my video card to Radeon HD 2600xt.  I saved myself quite a bit of money.  But I really owe it to the guy who was talking in another topic that I was reading about having to run Sage in Overlay mode to get smooth HD playback and it made me wonder what my setting was.  When I saw it was in Overlay mode and I saw the MPEG2 decoder, it made me wonder.  Hope this might help someone else.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.