HBO Testing Streaming Site

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground HBO Testing Streaming Site

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

I think its interesting that they assume this will help with the subscription attrition.  Its a nice benefit but I really don’t see people who are going to cancel HBO keeping their subscription because they can now watch a show/movie on their laptop.  When you think about it, most people don’t have PCs connected to their TV and if even they do the quality you’ll get watching through your STB is going to be significantly better.  You’re not going to stream it at work, which leaves the only real time you’ll use it is when traveling.

I think they missed a chance to be much more innovative by offering the online VOD service as a completely separate subscription at a reduced rate than the subscription through my cable provider.  I’m just not going to pay $20/mo for 20 channels of HBO when all i want to watch is 2-3 orignial series.  Now offer me an online VOD service for $5-10/month and maybe I’m a month to month subscriber versus waiting for the content to be released on DVD/Bluray and getting through Netflix, or waiting for the show’s season to complete and subscirbing for 1 month to watch all the episodes while they are available via On Demand.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.