Has anyone else seen Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited?

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Has anyone else seen Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I stumbled upon a reference to it while reading about the upcoming Star Wars Blu-Ray release.  I got it this past weekend and I have to say that I thought it was pretty amazing.  Fixing stuff like Han shooting first, Greedo having facial expressions and all the modified / extended space scenes.  This edition has taken over compared to the “Special Editions” for me, so I was wondering if anyone else had seen it and what they thought.

Mike Garcen
    Participant

ok…so i might be alone here…but i remember when i first saw the “special additions” that had like the extra Jabba scenes with Han for example, i honestly didn’t care much for it. Seeing hte new CGI on such a classic just felt wrong. I’ll still watch this new one i’m sure, but yeah….just feels a bit odd to me. im sure i’m in the minority here

Alot of the goofy bits like the Jaba scene and most of the parts with probe droids everywhere and animals getting loose and that droid pounding the other droid to the ground have been removed.  I tell ya, it was like Christmas…

Oh, and Vader’s and Obi-Wan’s light sabers look correct now.

mikinho
      Participant

[quote=”jbachman2″]
        I tell ya, it was like Christmas…
        [/quote]

As long as you didn’t follow it up by The Star Wars Holiday Special…

For those how haven’t seen The Star Wars Holiday Special–don’t.

[quote=”shadymg”]
        ok…so i might be alone here…but i remember when i first saw the “special additions” that had like the extra Jabba scenes with Han for example, i honestly didn’t care much for it. Seeing hte new CGI on such a classic just felt wrong. I’ll still watch this new one i’m sure, but yeah….just feels a bit odd to me. im sure i’m in the minority here
        [/quote]
        This is nothing like Lucas’s abominations. It’s what Lucas SHOULD have done if he wasn’t more concerned about selling toys and other bullshit.

LowTech
        Participant

[quote=”Crim”]
          It’s what Lucas SHOULD have done if he wasn’t more concerned about selling toys and other bullshit.
          [/quote]

Mike Garcen
          Participant

[quote=”LowTech”]
            [quote=”Crim”]
            It’s what Lucas SHOULD have done if he wasn’t more concerned about selling toys and other bullshit.
            [/quote]

[/quote]

ROFL! God i love that movie

If you do a search on Facebook for Empire Strikes Back: Revisited they have the whole A New Hope: Revisited in the videos section in HD in 10 minute increments.  My work PC sucks so it was a bit choppy but the picture was pretty sharp.  I won’t go into whether it was truly HD or not but I do recommend watching the Death Star battle at the end if you’re considering downloading it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.