Guide: Installing SageTV V7

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Guide: Installing SageTV V7

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    babgvant

Open an elevated cmd prompt and regsvr32 MatroskaSplitter.ax, you should be able to use it in GraphStudio afterward.

DirectShow is a COM based framework so objects and interfaces can be globally registered (what regsvr32 does) or just available to a specific exe.  As a project, MPC-HC is structured so that each filter can be used either way.  The default, [I imagine] because it’s much easier to deploy, is to include each filter in the compiled binary so the standalone filters need to be registered separately to be used in other applications.

skirge01

Awesome info, Andy.  Thanks for all the hand-holding!  I did exactly that, as well as registering a couple other MPC-HC files, just in case they might be needed.  The graph I attached now plays back the DTS-HD MA audio without stuttering… HOWEVER (of course!) it doesn’t seem to “end” properly in either GraphStudio or SageTV.  When I close the window in GS or hit stop in SageTV, I get a loud buzzing noise which will not cease until I exit either application.

So close I can taste it!  🙂

babgvant

That’s a problem with the MPC-HC Audio Renderer (regsvr32 /u it).  Does it still not work with the Default Audio Renderer?

skirge01

I unregistered MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax, assuming that was the one you were talking about.  Then, magically, everything started working… regular .ts files, bitstreaming… the whole shebang.  Can you explain WHY simply unregistering the file that apparently made things work in the first place now caused everything to work perfectly WITHOUT it?!?!  Surprised  I’m utterly confused (yet quite happy) as to how this is now working.

babgvant

Can’t explain that one 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.