Got my hdhomerun up and running.

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Got my hdhomerun up and running.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

And I love it.

I would give it an A+ in terms of ease of use although it didn’t come with a manual or instructions.

Just to see how it worked I tested in my home office machine, connected to Lan, connected a little antenna, ran the set up app and was watching HD with VLC in a matter of minutes. It tunes OTA very well, my only comparision is to a vbox DTA-150. The software is definately better as well. I was going to give QAM a shot, but it doesn’t look like I can pull anything I can’t get OTA.

On my HTPC, it took a minute to get it to see Sage, keep wanting to install VLC, which I ended up doing, then the Sage tabs appeared. Sage reconized it and set up without issue.

It is nice to have this on the network, it motivated me to run network cable to the HTPC. Previously it was wireless, so I was stuck with SD on my client. This also allowed me to get rid of the unsightly coxial in the family room, pull the vbox and wireless cards out of the HTPC, which hopefully will reduce some heat/power consumption.

Just thought I would give a brief report, very much enjoying dual HD tuner goodness.  ;D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.