getting started

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help getting started

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ok, How about this.

I have a new Panasonic 65 inch plasma TV  TC-P65S2 (2010) sitting in its box. It’s not 3-D. I have enough to worry about without having to keep up with 2-4 pairs of silly eye glasses.

It’s still in the box because I’m keeping my perfectly good ($2300 4 years ago) Panasonic PT-61LCX65 60 inch projection TV mounted on its, ($500 extra)  grey matching plastic base and keeping in hooked up for anyone who’s interested in buying it to see it works and looks great; while my add on Craigs list for it going at $500 goes un-noticed.

Step one: How does a A/V receiver make sound for all my peripherals? By peripherals I’m talking about my xbox, blu-ray player, and HTCP.

1. Cable from Time Warner comes in my house and I screw the female threaded adapter onto Ceton InfiniTV4 lead. What next?

I have a video card with a HDMI output. Where do I run this HDMI outlet into my Sony STR-DH810 receiver? HDMI is video and sound so why do I need the sound card on my motherboard? Just mount it in an empty PCI or in the case of my MSI Eclipse mobo it’s already mounted. What do I do with the output holes on the sound card (ignore them)? My video card (Radeon) HD6770 has an HDMI output. Does the video card integrate itself with my installed sound card and suck everything it needs from its circuitry and send it out with the video through the single HDMI card on the Radeon?

And where does the other end of the HDMI cord (from the radeon) go in the back of my Sony receiver? TV in? Aux in? DVD in? refrigerator in?

I’ve been reading green button & lost remote. I’ve read the beginners guides. I still don’t know how to run all my stuff through the receiver.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.