FOR REVIEW: Parts Check for HDTV Build

Home Forums Home Theater Computers FOR REVIEW: Parts Check for HDTV Build

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

This is my first attempt at building an HTPC.  I wanted to see what ppl thought, and maybe get some better ideas.  Here’s what I am thinking about so far:
    [list]
    [*][b][color=red]Motherboard:[/color] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L[/b]  [i]Already Purchased.[/i]  Not 100% tied to it, just happened to find it in my office, lol, but i do like Gigabyte.
    [*][b][color=red]CPU:[/color] Intel Q660[/b]  [i]Already Purchased.[/i]  Love the price!
    [*][b][color=red]Optical Drive:[/color] LG GGC-H20L[/b]  [i]Already Purchased.[/i]  Hope it is good.
    [*][b][color=red]Video Card:[/color] Either an Nvidia 9800 or a Radeon 4870[/b]  [i]Not Purchased.[/i]  I have an eVGA 8800GTX in my gaming PC.  I might buy a Radeon 4870 and put that in my gaming PC, and put the 8800GTX in the HTPC.  What do people think on this?
    [*][b][color=red]Memory:[/color] DDR2 4GB[/b]
    [*][b][color=red]Hard Drives:[/color] Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB[/b]  [i]Not Purchased.[/i]  Love these drives![/list:u]

So the two [b]big[/b] question for me is what case to buy, and what video card to buy?  As for cases, I have looked at some Silverstone cases, but I am not sure that the larger video cards will fit.  Especially the way the hard drives are possition with cables protuding over the motherboard where the larger video cards would be extending into.  Anyone have any good advice about this?

Thanks in advance…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.