Fanless spinning heatsink

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Fanless spinning heatsink

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jennyfur
    Participant

Interesting article. A more efficient heatsink that’s immune to dust? Where do I sign up?! 🙂

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/89710-the-fanless-spinning-heatsink-the-heatsink-is-the-fan

mikinho

I’ve been trying to come up with a response for the last 5 minutes but all I have is…that is so cool.

Sign me up as well

Mike Garcen

very cool & i love the idea. BUT….the cost of replacing the fan on a HSF is very cheap. If this metal heatsink stops spinning and needs to be replaced, you probably need to buy a new one. Versus current heatsinks which account for the bulk of the price, but at least they never go defective since there are no moving parts.

price point will be huge here, but i agree very cool

swoon

I’d like to learn a little more about the details of how this operates. I was not aware that there is a layer of air that essentially insulates the heatsink.

oliverredfox

Sounds interesting if it works well per cost.  But technically the article is wrong, it isn’t fanless since it is a fan.

scarpenter002

WOW!!  Have to see if this catches on and if the price point is competitive.  With the quietness factor, it should be ideal for the HTPC.

LowTech

I have to agree with Jenny…dustless?  Really?  I expect that finding a cure for the common cold will be discovered before something is invented that repels dust with 100% assurance.

Nonetheless this is a cool (pardon the pun) concept.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.