Event Log error – Storage controller issue with HDD disk 7, 8,9

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Event Log error – Storage controller issue with HDD disk 7, 8,9

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

My current Gigabyte GA MA 785 board is throwing HDD controller errors that I can’t seem to figure out. It works fine for recording TV and playing movies but as soon as another pc connects to the homegroup and I start looking at files from the remote PC, the Explorer session starts to freeze up. That is when I see the controller issues on the HTPC. On all 3 drives in the storage space.

I can cause it immediately if I browse to my Homegroup\music folder and dig into a folder and select all files. It will freeze for a few minutes before it allows me to do another operation like opening the context menu and choosing copy.

If I go into storage spaces it tells me the drives are healthy. But windows has told me it needed to run a chkdsk to fix errors and restart. I have done that a few times. I’ve also run the Western Digitals daignosis app\extended drive test and it returns no errors on the drives.

I guess my next step is to try a new controller card. Has anyone had issues like this before? Is it possible for one drive going bad to cause this error and the controller misreading the error?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.