DVD Playback issues & Video card question (Separate issues)

Home Forums Home Theater Computers DVD Playback issues & Video card question (Separate issues)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

First problem maybe someone can help me with.

I’m having a small issue when playing back a DVD.  I get small skips or “hiccups” when playing a DVD, and I can’t figure out why.  My system is suitable enough; I have an e6600 cpu, GeForce 6600GT AGP card, 512 mb RAM, DVD writer, and HD DVD drive.  The problem happens if playing back on PowerDVD or SageTV, so I don’t think it’s the player.  The problem happens whether I play it on the DVD writer or the HD DVD drive, so it’s not a drive problem.  It happens on original discs or -R/+R discs.  The disc can be brand new and free of scratches, and it occurs.  The only thing I could think of is that I use AC3 Filter for the audio when played with SageTV, and I used to have a problem with audio that skipped very badly that I found out was caused by AC3 Filter which was fixed with an update.  But since the problem happens with PowerDVD, too, I don’t think that has anything to do with it this time.  My OS is XP Home.  Any thoughts?  All drivers are up to date.  By the way, HD DVD movies play flawlessly, so go figure.

Second question
    Are the AGP versions of the Radeon HD 2600 series out yet?  I’ve heard they will be available in AGP, but don’t know that I’ve seen ’em for sale yet.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.