Dual core ATOM 330 for a WHS, what do you think

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Dual core ATOM 330 for a WHS, what do you think

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PAPutzback
    Spectator

http://www.missingremote.com/review/asus-at3n7a-i-ion-mini-itx-motherboard

I have the above board and was wondering what the pros and cons would be for using this board for a WHS.

My current system is a AMD 780G board with a tricore processor and it is flaky. If the networking is better on the ION board and the processor doesn’t affect the performance much then I’d like to switch to the ASUS board to save electricity. Assuming it would be a noticeable savings without noticeable performance loss.

skirge01

The big question is what do you use your WHS box for?  That will determine whether you need a beefier processor.  Although, my initial thought is that you will.

PAPutzback

File access only. MyMovies runs on it. That might be annoying if that slowed down. From what I am reading I’ve seen a few builds with it at the MSDN forums and they have seen the file transfer slow down issues that I am getting on my current system. 

It might be time to sell it while it can still be used for media playback.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.