DirecTV, HDTV, and the Resolution Question

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground DirecTV, HDTV, and the Resolution Question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=126&Itemid=166]Original Article Link[/url]

I totally agree with everything in the article. I was an early adopter and spoiled by Voom. When Voom as a service went belly up, I followed the over to Dish, and the PQ was excellent. Then they started playing the same game as Direct TV, and the picture went to shit. It honestly looks no better than a good Superbit or Criterion DVD. Does it look better than SD? Sure it does, but having seen the real thing I can tell ya, it ain’t High Def, not by a long shot. So I dropped Dish and bumped my Netflix account up. If I’m only going to get dvd quality, I’ll spend less money and rent the ones I want, thank you very much. Now I get my HD OTA and record it with SageTV. Dish and DTV can both Kiss my A$$. I also filed a complaint with the FCC about the situation several months before I dropped them and got a response that they were aware of the problem and were investigating it. I took it for granted that they could care less.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.