CyberLink Launches PowerDVD 10

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground CyberLink Launches PowerDVD 10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Van Til
    Keymaster

Original Article Link

I’ve been following the “official” thread over at AVS and it looks pretty beta.

karaokeamerica

[quote=mikinho]So I’ve been evaluating PowerDVD 10 over the last two weeks and with the latest patch a lot of the instability has been resolved.  I still prefer TMT3 due to BDMV folder support; however, for ISO and disc playback PDVD10 is loading faster. PDVD10 also selects the proper audio stream when connected via HDMI directly to my HDTV while TMT3 defaults to HD Audio that is not supported and I can’t seem to prevent. If anyone is interested I’ll provide more detail on TMT3 vs PDVD10.[/quote]

I would be interested in how you got PDVD10 to integrate to begin with! I have it installed in WMC7 (x86…;)) and when I play a BR ISO rip it will launch PDVD10 but not from within WMC. It launches in its own window.

Do you have some basic info on how to do this? I just found this forum and it looks cool!

htpc_user

Go into the Control Panel to the “Autoplay” options and find the option for Bluray.  It probably says PowerDVD 10.  Change it to “None” or “Take no Action”; I can’t remember.  That way when a bluray movie is loaded, either in the drive or virtually, it won’t automatically launch PowerDVD.  That’s how mine is set up.

karaokeamerica

[quote=htpc_user]

Go into the Control Panel to the “Autoplay” options and find the option for Bluray.  It probably says PowerDVD 10.  Change it to “None” or “Take no Action”; I can’t remember.  That way when a bluray movie is loaded, either in the drive or virtually, it won’t automatically launch PowerDVD.  That’s how mine is set up.

[/quote]

Yes, I saw that tip in a thread so I changed that. What now happens is that the movie is listed in MyMovies correctly with the 1080p designation (it is ISO) but all I get is an hourglass when I hit play, but the movie never starts.  Or, it will hourglass for about a minute then just sit there. I’m going to try a reboot. The system is on 24/7. BBIB…

OK, basically the same thing. One thing I forgot to mention is that if I go into MyMovies and try to play the Movie, after it doesn’t play if I then go back to the MCE main menu and manually select PDVD 10 from the menu it will proceed to perfectly play that movie within MCE. It just doesn’t play automatically from MyMovies as any other movie does and of course I can’t even see the ISO from the native MCE movie browser.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the suggestions!

htpc_user

I won’t be of any help there since I don’t use MyMovies.  I just use Media Center’s movie gallery, and it works pretty good.  When I select the movie in the movie gallery and hit play, it goes to the PowerDVD/Media Center screen (the one with “Restart”, “Resume”, “Select Drive”, etc.).  Then I click on Restart and the movie starts playing.  Oh yeah, I use Mikinho’s plug-in so that Media Center will recognize ISO’s.

karaokeamerica

[quote=htpc_user]

I won’t be of any help there since I don’t use MyMovies.  I just use Media Center’s movie gallery, and it works pretty good.  When I select the movie in the movie gallery and hit play, it goes to the PowerDVD/Media Center screen (the one with “Restart”, “Resume”, “Select Drive”, etc.).  Then I click on Restart and the movie starts playing.  Oh yeah, I use Mikinho’s plug-in so that Media Center will recognize ISO’s.

[/quote]

Thanks. I have used MyMovies for years simply for the metadata functionality. More recently since I started ripping Blu-Rays the built in ISO handler is a nice feature, but only if it all works well together of course! I’ll have to try Mikinho’s plugin. I have spoken to him before and we are both in Texas!

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.