Could this work???

Home Forums Home Theater Construction Help Could this work???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hey all

tvguy here, some of you might remember me from hanging around at htpcnews.com or the meedio or htpc channels (i think that was right) on efnet
    Anyway for a while ive wanted a media extender , basickly a remote controlled device that hooks up to a tv in another room and connects via wireless to my Windows Home Server with 2.9tb of space, trust me im working on filling it, but its taking a while to load stuff off my back ups.

Anyway my idea is this: ive seen these cheap from asia hdd based media player like this :
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-5-Media-Player-Mp3-MP4-NTFS-Avi-Divx-Dvd-Black-O28_W0QQitemZ120202006160QQihZ002QQcategoryZ111503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    OR similar now the one ill get will have a network port, that i want to make sure off,
    my next thing is to get a wirless g gaming adapter the sort you use to hook your game console to a wirless network then use that on the hdd based media player and then it connects to my server.
    Im wonders do people think this will work or is it a bad idea,
    Thoughts comments suggestions let me hear them.
    my other thought woudl be xbox preowned mod it and get a wirless adapter for that
    but im not sure if i can manage the modding maybe better off getting it modded
    anyway just thought id ask and see what people think of this idea
    cant wait to hear from you all
    tvguy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.