Commercial skip on whs2011

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Commercial skip on whs2011

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I knwhether question has been asked before, but I haven’t found much in the way of answers.  

My setup is a htpc i3 2120t withwmc front end, and whs 201storax file storage along with various other stuff.  Currently I have all my recordings archive to the server after they are done recording.  What I am wanting to do is process the commercial skip on the server, and just point the media center pc to the folder on the server to use the files from the server and skip them automagically.  

So I loaded up DTB on the server with comskip (donor version with wtv support). It seems to be processing the files just fine, but I don’t really know how to make the wmc computer look on the server for the XML files to skip commercials.  I loaded up DTB and the dtb addin, but I’m not sure where to go next. If someone can just nudge me in the right direction, I’m sure I can figure it out?

P.S. sorry for tweird of formatting! Apparently the ipad is not a big fan of this forum input field.

Thanks

Aaron Ledger

DTB has a configurable value that allows you to set the location of the Commercials Xml folder location. You will need to make sure permission to access the folder is configured properly and then it should work.

babgvant

You can put the xml files either in the same place as the wtv or in a central location (like Aaron mentioned).

Jsw98765

Thanks for the info guys.  I think it is a permissions issue, I started playing around, but the wife pulled rank to watch the Thursday NBC shows.  I’ll play around with it some more tomorrow and report back.

Jsw98765

Well, there was something weird with the permissions I think. I ended up just moving it to the recorded tv folderBased on your advice Andrew, and everything is working great.

Thanks again.

babgvant

The next rev will have better support for storing the XML files in the same folder.  

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.