Ceton Availability

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Ceton Availability

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know if they have made it through all the pre orders yet? Perhaps someone know of someone that ordered this week and the product is shipping already. I was really hoping to hold out for SD but if they can’t give an update then they probably aren’t close. I say that and the news will come out 5 minutes after I click checkout.

captain_video
    Participant

Don’t expect to see the SD tuner before the end of the year.  It still has to undergo many months of beta testing before it can be released into the wild.  I read elsewhere that the next shipment from Ceton should satisfy the remaining pre-orders and have enough left over to fill new orders.  Check the threads at the Green Button for updates as they seem to be on top of things with regards to the Ceton shipments.  Jeremy from Ceton has been providing updates to keep everyone informed of the current status of things.

That is very disappointing news. I guess with tuner sharing being possible on the CETON I might as well get 4 tuners working off one cablecard than 3.

I was told today that the 1st batch of 3000 is supposed to all ship by Sept. 30th. A new production run is scheduled to begin in October. Ordering now might get a unit from the initial production run, but don’t count on it. Based on this information, it’s probably safe to say that the Ceton tuner won’t be in stock on retailer shelves until late this year at the earliest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.