Cannot play Recording on 2nd PC

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Cannot play Recording on 2nd PC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I recorded some shows for my son on Cartoon Network, and this afternoon I tried to play them on his PC and I keep getting a message that it is copy protected and I can only play the recording on the PC in which it was recorded.  So I decided to try some other shows that were recorded and none of them played either.  But I’ve never had this problem before with his PC.  Both the HTPC and his PC are running Windows 7.  Does this sound like a PlayReady issue?  I tried uninstalling PlayReady and reinstalling but that didn’t help.  Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh yeah, the recordings are made with an HVR-1600 through S-Video from satellite receiver.

bsieve

My cable company locks all the recordings down to the single PC so I can only watch them from that PC and extenders. It sounds like they may have flipped on copy protection on you. Try with a OTA or public channel and see if the same thing happens. The public channels are not protected for me. This effects me even before when they had analog signal coming into my house that was locked down also.

Aaron Ledger

If you look at the recorded program info, there will be an indication (at the bottom of the dialog) if it is copy protected. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.