Can Ceton card receive analog unencrypted cable signals

Home Forums Windows Media Center Can Ceton card receive analog unencrypted cable signals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am moving to a new area.  Looking at my hotel tv it appears they still use old style analog cable.  Can I use my ceton card to receive these signals?  If not, can I use my HDHomerun?

mikinho

The InfiniTV can not tune NTSC channels. Do not use a hotel service as a measure though, most hotels are behind the times. The ones that aren’t either rent STB per room or use our (Ceton’s) http://atxnetworks.com/cable_tv_products/headend_inside_plant/bulk-qam-to-qam-gige-analog/bulk-qam-to-qam/

phoneguyinpgh

The short and long answer..  No.  The Ceton is QAM only.  Analog is NTSC.

babgvant

If you can get cable where you’re moving, you will be able to use a DCT (like the Ceton card) with it.

SJMaye

I called Time Warner Cable yesterday.  Channels 1-99 are analog.  The rest are digital and encrypted.  This is why my hotel tv has nothing over channel 99. They said they do install cable cards and they use tuning adapters here.  How many tuning adapters will be needed for the Ceton InfiniTV 4?

Aaron Ledger

You will need a single TA with the InfiniTV 4. The analog channels are most likely all simulcast digitally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.