Boxee for WMC – Starting in an app (Pandora)

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Boxee for WMC – Starting in an app (Pandora)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I really appreciate the Boxee folks WMC integration and Pandora app, expecially with Pandora not having their own WMC app.

My issue is that my family finds the Boxee Dashboard a bit cumbersome, and wanted me to see if I could get either of the following:

1) Boxee on start to launch an app (pandora)

2) Better yet, WMC to launch Boxee, and then Boxee on start to launch an app (pandora)

Any ideas on the easiest (?) way to make this happen?

Crim

… I really don’t understand the point of launching Boxee just so it can launch Pandora. On my HTPC I have a tile in WMC for Pandora that launches Firefox fullscreened on the Pandora site. I don’t see why you need all the confusion just to open Pandora.

schreibman

Great Idea Crim!  I gave that a shot, and while it works, I am not able to perform any navigation of Pandora with the remote (station select, play, pause, thumbs U/D), which the Boxee app has covered.

I’ve been trying keyboard macros, but no luck so far.

Mike Garcen

Your keyboard shortcuts gave me an idea. Can’t you run a script with Girder that will issue the exact commands you need with delays (Boxee’s order doesn’t change, right?). I haven’t used it in years…

Crim

[quote=Mike Garcen]

Your keyboard shortcuts gave me an idea. Can’t you run a script with Girder that will issue the exact commands you need with delays (Boxee’s order doesn’t change, right?). I haven’t used it in years…

[/quote]

Autohotkey should be able to do the same thing. There’s a program for game controllers that would do it too if you want to use something like a 360 controller. My reote supports moues functions so I tend to forget that not all remotes do. My bad.

gonzo90017

You could use a hotkey instead:
              http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=19372

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.