Blu Ray and HD Movies I own, and mini review of each.

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Blu Ray and HD Movies I own, and mini review of each.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Note. This is using the registry tweaks I mentioned here: http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=198&topic=1560.msg10268#new

I sit 46.5 inches from my 32″ lcd 1080P tv.
    Exactly 3 times the height of the monitors screen.

I sit in a dark room with no light but from the tv and speakers, and a bit from the blue in the pc.

The drive is the lg combo drive, and in my dell 530 it’s whisper quiet.

The Rock, Blu Ray – Very detailed. Nice colors. Sounds nice. The actors look a bit like they don’t believe what they are saying because it looks so real. In the beginning, the leader of the alcatraz army group gives a pep speech. He looks like hé doen’t believe himself. Later, when he talks to a older fellow over telecoms, the older fellow who wears round glasses looks like he’s doubtful  of himself too, like he doesn’t have the authority his character has.
    They look like the uncle at a family dinner who’s acting, for fun.
    This is because the detail is so real the actors seem a bit phony.

Kiss of the Dragon, Blu Ray – Not much better than standard definition. Not much detail. Sounds like a regular dvd. Not much to say about this movie. It was a nice movie, I didn’t get bored watching it. It’s better than Cradle to the Grave, but not as good as Unleashed.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Blu Ray – Very Detailed, very beautiful. Nice sound. The story is a bit like a muppets movie, and the characters are having fun but not being goofy stupid. It looks absolutely beautiful on my setup. Grade a look, fanatsy story with a silly portrayal by the actors. good to make you smile as dolphins and whales are shown.

Reservoir dogs, Blu Ray – It has a scene that some people detest. It’s a violent scene that’s shown in silouette. Nice acting, nice sound. With the detail set to 100 ( see the thread I linked too for details), it looks a bit gross. Too sharp, too much detail. It really needs no detail enhancement. A lot of screaming, and swearing. I liked the movie.

First Blood (Rambo), Blu Ray – It seems like the detail is there. Better than a dvd it seemed to me. But not a pretty as The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Sound seemed ok, nothing to brag about, but not bad. Overall a nice story and nice visuals.

Blade Runner Final Cut, disk 1, Blu Ray – I was expecting it too look more detailed. With all the reviews praising it. But it looked just a notch less detailed than The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Which is not a bad thing, because the props looked a bit old fashioned as the resolution it was. Very nice sound. It definitely looked nice, and sounded great. I can call this high def, easily.

Arctic Tale, HD DVD – Very nice colors. Very detailed in spots, and grainy in others. A nice story with a message of global warrming and it’s impact on the arctic creatures. Nice sound.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.