Best Blu-Ray Player with both Vudu & Amazon?

Home Forums General Home Theater Discussion Best Blu-Ray Player with both Vudu & Amazon?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

So I’ve been through miles of pain fighting TMT and video drivers to reliably play BD on my HTPC to the point where I was considering just giving up and buying a player.   The fact that Vudu and Amazon won’t stream HD to an HTPC was the final straw.   So now I’m looking for a BD player that will do both.    I was hoping to do the LG BD590 figuring anything with an harddisk will be more hackable in the long run, but I don’t see any Amazon support.   It seems Vizio supports both, but my experience has been you get what you pay for with that brand.    I also saw Sony and Panisonic have both.  Any recommendations?   I’m hooking it up to an SC-07 and Kuro 141FD.

babgvant

I haven’t used Samsung’s BD players, but I believe the higher end models have Netflix, Amazon VOD and VUDU support.  FWIW, I wouldn’t write of Vizio’s hardware; they offer a compelling feature set at a very competitive price point. 

If you have a Sam’s Club or Costco membership they both offer a 90 day return policy on electronics so there’s an easy/low risk way to try out the player that catches your eye.

mpatnode

I did pick up a Vizeo LCD for my mother-in-law at Costco and have no complaints, but the BD players on Amazon have low user ratings.   That said, the Samsungs are only a little better, but almost everyone liked the LG.

Unfortunately I don’t see Amazon listed in any of the Samsung literature.   Looks like I may have to make a trip down to BB just to see what the features really are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.