Before I rebuild – all video is lagging/stuttering, audio is fine

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Before I rebuild – all video is lagging/stuttering, audio is fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Before I rebuild –

On my HTPC all video is lagging/stuttering (live/recorded tv, netflix, but not as bad, blurays too) behind audio, which is fine. But all video on xbox 360 extenders fed from same HTPC is fine. Any ideas?

I’ve update intel video/audio, ceton and network drivers. Wouldn’t think it would be ssd or harddrives, since plays fine on extenders.

Help!

Thanks

Jeff

NightCactus

Is your HTPC connected to an AVR? It could be a HDCP or HDMI handshake issue.

Glitchy

[quote=NightCactus]

Is your HTPC connected to an AVR? It could be a HDCP or HDMI handshake issue.

[/quote] Yes it is connected to an Onkyo. Has been working for a long time with that hookup so that didn’t cross my mind.

I will look into the handshake. Maybe it’s time to breakdown and spend the $80 for “the detective”

Thanks

Jeff

htpc_user

I’m not quite sure how you mean lagging/stuttering, but my HTPC has really been bugging me as well.  And it has been a stuttering issue as well.  Sometimes I notice a slight (and sometimes it is very slight) stutter on bluray and recordings.  At times I have seen the stutter very pronounced.  Netflix is nearly unwatchable due to the jerkiness, but I’ve read where many people have this problem.  I haven’t been able to pin point the cause.  I don’t know if it’s because of standby, Radeon drivers, the 6570 its self, or some other corruption.  My system was pretty smooth when I was using a 2600xt, but then I couldn’t play 3D bluray.  I’m not sure for the small percentage of 3D that I watch it’s worth everything else being “broken”.

Also, I’m not using a receiver…at least not with the HDMI.  My HDMI goes straight to the TV.  I have a 6570 video card.  Again, I’m not sure if we are talking about the same kind of stutter but I found your problem interesting as they do sound similar.  My sound is also fine; it’s just the video that’s not.

NightCactus

My HTPC is connected to a Onkyo AVR (the HT-RC360) via HDMI. Sometimes, the audio and/or video will refuse to work right when waking from S3 sleep… cycling the power on the AVR (but leaving the PC and TV on) will cure the problem.

I’m not sure if it’s the fault of the Onkyo AVR (I’m finding that most AVRs aren’t very PC friendly in one way or another) or if it’s Intel’s (Sandy Bridge) graphics drivers. However, it doesn’t happen much and a quick power off & on to the AVR usually fixes it.

NightCactus

Do you see the same lag/stuttering if you connect your HTPC to a PC Monitor via DVI?

Have you tried disabling virus scanning on the video and recording folders? What about your codecs? I’ve had very good results with the Shark007 pack.

Glitchy

[quote=NightCactus]

Do you see the same lag/stuttering if you connect your HTPC to a PC Monitor via DVI?

Have you tried disabling virus scanning on the video and recording folders? What about your codecs? I’ve had very good results with the Shark007 pack.

[/quote] No anti virus no codecs for me! My rig and setup has always worked without them. At least till now!

One thing I have to check I just noticed I did change recently is I installed the Wyse remote desktop program for access from my work, and android phone/tablet.

Will update if that was the dealio

Jeff

PAPutzback

If Netflix works and bluray does not then I’d definitely say it is a codec or diver issue. There is no way Netflix requires the GPU capabilities that BD does.

Glitchy

[quote=PAPutzback]

If Netflix works and bluray does not then I’d definitely say it is a codec or diver issue. There is no way Netflix requires the GPU capabilities that BD does.

[/quote]

Netflix video also stutters/lags, just not as bad

Jeff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.