August 31st Blu-ray Releases

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground August 31st Blu-ray Releases

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikinho
    Participant

Original Article Link

I had not even heard of Harry Brown, added to Netflix Queue.  Thanks Mike

[url=http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5072&Itemid=2]Original Article Link[/url]

Did you happen to also see the original Death Wish?  I read the Amazon review and even they mentioned the comparison.  Reading both descriptions, it sounds very much like Death Wish, except that one had his wife murdered (beaten, then she dies of her injuries) and his daughter raped (a sequence which still haunts me to this day, even though it’s never shown).  The city sounds more like a Robocop movie, however.

I would have definitely picked Evil Dead, but that’s the easy pick, so I can appreciate a different choice… unlike the Emmy’s/Oscars ever do.  😉

Mike Garcen
      Participant

Death Wish….that sounds awful familiar.  I haven’t seen many Charlie Bronson films, but love everything i have seen…will definitely check it out. Thanks!

captain_video
        Participant

Like most franchise movies, Death Wish was good for the first one and went horribly downhill after that.  I also had not heard of Harry Brown but I saw it on the Rotten Tomatoes website with good ratings so I added it to my Saved Netflix queue a while ago.  I like to check critic’s review websites like RT for lots of good movies that don’t get much attention at the box office.  My Droid has an app that lists all of the current movies with RT ratings listed so I can keep my NetFlix queue loaded with all kinds of good flix.  Now if I only had the time to watch them all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.