Anything New Going On?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Anything New Going On?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve been out of the loop computer-wise for the last few months.  I’ve actually been going outside doing stuff a lot lately so I have not been keeping up to date on what’s going on in the computer/htpc world?  I was just wondering if there has been any significant news or fixes lately?  One thing that I notice on a daily basis is that Netflix still locks up all my computers if I let the show run to the very end.  Also, it is still pretty “jerky”.  Anything been done to fix this lock-up issue with Netflix or any update to smooth out playback?  Has Microsoft ever released a stable update to Silverlight?  I know the last time I tried updating that it made my cpu usage go sky high and reverting back to the old version restored it to normal.  Since then I’ve been afraid to update.

PAPutzback

That’s funny that you mention that lock up issue. It took me second to realize that I don’t have it anymore since I went to using the XBOX. I don’t even have Netflix installed on the PC anymore to help with WAF. Now they know to use the 360. Although I am spending more money on Zune rentals.

XMan

[quote=htpc_user]

I’ve been out of the loop computer-wise for the last few months.  I’ve actually been going outside doing stuff a lot lately so I have not been keeping up to date on what’s going on in the computer/htpc world?  I was just wondering if there has been any significant news or fixes lately?  One thing that I notice on a daily basis is that Netflix still locks up all my computers if I let the show run to the very end.  Also, it is still pretty “jerky”.  Anything been done to fix this lock-up issue with Netflix or any update to smooth out playback?  Has Microsoft ever released a stable update to Silverlight?  I know the last time I tried updating that it made my cpu usage go sky high and reverting back to the old version restored it to normal.  Since then I’ve been afraid to update.

[/quote]

The Netflix thing is a Silverlight issue, IIRC. Install the latest version and you should be set.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.