Any tricks to adding a new tuner while keeping channel lineup?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers Any tricks to adding a new tuner while keeping channel lineup?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oliverredfox
    Participant

Currently I’ve got Win 7 MCE running with 2 ATI 550 NTSC Tuners (1 direct to cable, one to a cable box) and a HDHomerun.  I just got in a 2nd HDHomerun that I want to add into the system setup this week.  When I added the cable box to the mix, I had manually go through and remove a few hundred channels that I don’t receive/didn’t want on my guide.  Anyone know any tricks to add the 2nd HDHomerun without having to redo all the channels or am I stuck spending an hour unchecking them?  (I’m wondering if maybe using one of the backup programs might work)

PAPutzback

You are basically in the same boat as I am. Hopefully someone comes through. there are a couple guide tools out there that I don’t know if you could back up the existing lineup, add the tuner, and overwrite the lineup with just the channels. At the least maybe there is something out there to export the list of checked items so you could easily go through and check off items with a print off of the old list.

Aaron Ledger

You could try mcBackup. Also, a lot of times, it is easier to unselect all and then add in the ones you want as opposed to the reverse operation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.