An Xbox 360 Elite 2.0 Wish List for Home Theater Geeks

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground An Xbox 360 Elite 2.0 Wish List for Home Theater Geeks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jennyfur
    Participant

Original Article Link

I read the Giz daily, so of course I’d already commented on this article. 😉

Anyways, I’m going to post here as well since this reminds me of the discussion we had regarding that article that claimed “Vista undermined the entertainment platform”. The person who wrote this article has a lot of the same misconceptions as the vista article writer IMO. Why are both of them fighting the extender concept?

I don’t want a DVR in my xbox. That’s what my PC is for. My PC has more power, more room for stuff like tuners, and a [b]lot[/b] more storage. I also don’t agree that there should be built in wi-fi. It’s an added cost that not everyone will use. For gaming, I’d want the fastest and most stable connection possible, which means wired. And even if my focus was entirely media center related, I’d still prefer wired for streaming my media.

The ONLY things I can agree with in the article are the need for cooler chips and better DVD upscaling. Now granted, since this is a higher priced “elite” version that’s only a limited edition, perhaps they [i]could[/i] have gotten away with extra added goodies that the general market won’t want (and can’t afford), like built-in HD-DVD. That “elite” model could then compete with the PS3.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.