Am I going nuts

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Am I going nuts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Twice now I have typed in a lengthy explanation of a problem and received this error when I clicked post.

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
    No subject was filled in.
    The message body was left empty.

And when that pops up it clears out everything I wrote.

That’s frustrating.  I haven’t run into that myself but you could always type the contents of your post in notepad then cut and paste it into the text box to post it.

In all my many posts, I’ve never seen that one.  What browser and/or add-ons are you using?  I use FF with NoScript, ABP, and CookieSafe, but all of those are turned off for MR.  I also allow a permanent cookie for MR.  Any chance you have yours set only to allow for session cookies or even temporary cookies on this site?  I have seen those settings cause issues when trying to submit information on other sites.

Mike Garcen
    Participant

hrmm….odd i’ve not seen that either. Guess until you figure it out PLEASE copy your reply before hitting reply!!

I believe in the past I have ran into that problem, too.  It seems as though I can remember doing it in WordPad and then copying and pasting into the reply box, just as suggested.  But it’s been a while since I’ve seen that happen, and I believe it only happened to me at work.

I have this problem at the MSDN forums all the time and I just got myself in the habit of hitting Ctrl+A or Ctrl+SHIFT+HOME and then CTRL+C before I click the post button.

[quote=”Meester.Rip”]
      I have this problem at the MSDN forums all the time and I just got myself in the habit of hitting Ctrl+A or Ctrl+SHIFT+HOME and then CTRL+C before I click the post button.
      [/quote]

I don’t do that here, but I’ve been trained to do that on any site that uses a CAPTCHA system, due to numerous lost posts.  I love when it happens when I’m submitting a lengthy issue to a support system and have to retype the entire scenario.  >:(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.