Why 3D TV is just a pointless gimmick

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Why 3D TV is just a pointless gimmick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Original Article Link

[quote]Realistically, the technology offers exactly two tricks of note. There’s the annoying one, as demonstrated in Monsters vs Aliens, which opens with a guy batting a ball at the screen just to go, ‘Ooooh! 3D in your face!’ If I never see that trick again, it’ll be too soon. [/quote]
    That. That right there is my problem with 3D entertainment. Every 3D movie I’ve seen always has these kind of scenes that totally ruin the movie for me. One crappy 3D pandering scene: not ruin movie. Peppering them throughout the entire movie: utter crap.

Seriously, how many “Avatars” do you think the movie industry will make? Even then, what about those of us who get massive headaches from the stupid glasses? I already wear glasses, I don’t want to wear another pair on top of those nor do I want an extra pair that expressly gives me headaches.

I hope 3D is nothing more then a fad, I want it to die or, at the very least, to be the catalyse that moves us one more step closer to something that’s like a holodeck.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.