TV Tuner Question

Home Forums Home Theater Computers TV Tuner Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a tv tuner that will let you either watch or record two digital and/or analog signals? In other words with the ability to tune digital/digital, analog/analog or digital/analog?

Mike Garcen

The older ATI Digital Cable Tuner devices, which supported single stream CableCARD actually contained both an analog and digital tuners inside them. I believe the new CETON tuners are strictly digital, as is the HDHomeRun.

That was the very unique part about the ATI, however as they’re no longer made you’ll have to rely on ebay to get one, usually along the $100-150 range, and they make an internal and external version.

captain_video

Are you talking about digital cable or digital OTA as in ATSC?  There are several ATSC/NTSC dual tuner devices available.  Here’s a list of what’s out there:

http://www.hdtvtunerinfo.com/index.html

If you’re referring to digital cable, then Mike already discussed the available options.

SSMI

Sorry I wasn’t very clear.  I am in a place where I have analog cable coming in.  I want to find a tv tuner that could read that and also ota digital signal to get high def.  So what I am looking fo I think is a tuner card with two cable jacks that will be able to do either two of one signal or the other or one of each signal.  I want to be albe to get the analog because we get a few more channels, like discovery, on it than that are ota.  Is there a card out there that does that?  Or can I run them both into a single cable?  I think there will be confict with that.

Mike Garcen

Here’s a guide, while outdated it’ll show you what you’re looking for: http://www.missingremote.com/guide/atscntsc-tuner-guide

There are plenty of cards out there for what you’re looking for (A Combo Card), which you can honestly get for pretty cheap from Ebay, depending how much you want to spend. Unfortunately i don’t have any experience with any of them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.