Speaking of off topic, any experience with broken kneecaps?

Home Forums MissingRemote Playground Speaking of off topic, any experience with broken kneecaps?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

My wife broke her kneecap over the weekend, slip-fall, direct impact sort of thing.

Emergency room friday night, appointment with orthapedic surgeon today.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

If so I have the following questions:

Will she ever be back to normal? 
    She doesn’t do too much physical activity (no sports or anything), pretty much just ellipticle machine, walking, kneeling etc.  She is a teacher so she is on her feet pretty much all day. 

edit: I am not saying she isn’t active, I just wouldn’t expect her to be running or playing tennis or anything like that

Will she ever be pain free? 
    That is probably the worst part of this, I don’t care that she can’t do anything, I just don’t want her to be in pain.  Especially considering how much vicodin I have been giving her.

edit: She has a very high threshold for pain (we have two kids afterall), so I know that this is really hurting, because she never complains, she didn’t even want to go to the emergency room.

How long till she can drive, work, walk? 
    She is a teacher so it is not financially impossible for her to take the rest of this year off, even the rest of the school year through the summer.  (she wants to work, she only called in a sub for two days so far, she is pretty much an optimist).

We have two small children which makes it kind of hard, not being able to sit on mommy or have mommy hold them.  Luckily they like me a lot and I am able to do everything that needs to be done (you would be suprised at how many dads can’t take care of their kids).  Mommy does a much better job but I can cover the bases.

Hopefully after the appt today we will have a much better idea of what to expect.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.