So, Sell me on Vista 64bit…. lol, ok maybe not. How is Vista 64 lately 4 HTPC?

Home Forums Home Theater Computers So, Sell me on Vista 64bit…. lol, ok maybe not. How is Vista 64 lately 4 HTPC?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

currently in all my machines I have vista 32bit running nad recently amung a flurry of parts dying and selling stuff off getting stuff repaired etc I built a new rig for my bedroom.

Honestly I got a bit spoiled now from 3gb of mem in it and needed to upgrade another machine to 2gb so decided to look in to some more memory.

however I realize that Vista 32bit is limited and I read conflicting reports saying vista can only address 3.25 gb of system memory while other sites report 3.5gb….

either way I found a sweet deal on 4gb memory so I had to jump on it.

then I got to thinking… I havent checked in on Vista 64bit in a long time…. I wonder what is working not working with it lately.

Really I mainly use VMC and game….. thats about it. I do like for my system to be quick and responsive and noticed just goign from 2gb to 3gb some games like crysis seem to load a bit faster but more importantly exit faster lol

Many of the games I play I could now alt-tab out of them to get back to the desktop and do stuff real quick and get back in to the game much smoother.

so then I started thinking more ok so if I run this smooth now I wonder what more memory would do, but.. AHAH! Thats where the 32 bit limit really kicks me square in the gonads….

So anyway just checking to see what others experiences have been with Vista 64bit in the HTPC world

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.