‘Skierd’s Doghouse

Home Forums ‘Skierd’s Doghouse

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Set this up a couple of years ago. The crowning glory is the HTPC that brought HD to my “capable” 65” Toshiba  last year.

I initially finished half of the walk out basement with a 38”x14” rectangular room (with foresight to pull surround wires) and just prior to the purchase of the TV built a home for it at one end of the room. The viewing area is just more than half of that room.

To me, the theater experience was a screen that you looked up to so I elevated the deck 12 inches, and that would yield space for storage and the sub. The drawers are 20”deep on full extension glides. One of the drawers is wired to accommodate the kids game systems. I shimmed the rear of the TV cabinet to lean it forward and correct the viewing angle.

The component areas have 3” conduit connecting them. All the speakers connect to a faceplate in the speaker housing via RCA plugs.
    The arches really helped a right-angled rectangular room. The lights, 2 cans down and 2 sconces up are on a common dimmer.

The other end of the room is the wet bar.

My wife being non technical, I did not involve her in the HTPC build process… which is why she still refers to it as “that thing”.
    When the old WAF is on the low side, I have a pretty nice doghouse.
    Pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/buildyourownpvr/pool/page2/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.